Thursday, August 2, 2007

Passion's Flood

The heart had chains around it,
stout and strong...
firmly holding to the bound flesh...

Passions's flood descended
to cleanse and free the heart;
dissolving fear and bondage
with a power unmatched elsewhere in the universe...

The mist surrounded the created pump of life,
dawning the light around it that originated from
the hand of God...

Sweet communion brought the eyes of my heart back
to the reality of human form and trial's nearness...
Passion's flood descended to bring freedom to the captive.

4 comments:

batgirl said...

Beautiful. Passion. What is more passionate than the hero giving his life to rescue his captive betrothed? He sacrifices himself, driven by his love, then rises victorious, defeating the enemy, and then riding back to collect his love. He smashes the chains, lifts her onto his white steed. Ah... happily ever after. Jesus thought of it long before Grimm

ellehasuly said...

I suppose it could be read and interpreted in more than one way. Neat.

Love ya,
Lynne

batgirl said...

I wasn't trying to interpret it. I read it as a poem about a heart in bondage being set free. I was just saying what it made me think of: the passion Jesus has for us that caused Him to let His blood be shed for us...the blood that has the power to free us, break bondage, etc.
If I'm totally off, don't tell me. I told you I'm clueless on poetry:)

ellehasuly said...

Janet,
I was a little confused by your resonse, but that is okay. I was wondering if I was unclear in my delivery, that is all. It isn't hard to confuse me some days...You did understand what I was saying, of course. I was just a little slow on the uptake, that is all...
a bit of a dim dolly, I am afraid...

I appreciate your responses and get excited when I see a Janet Rubin said...on my comment page.

Love ya,
thanks for responding again...

Joy and hummus,
Lynne