Saturday, August 4, 2007

Psalm 50:15

"Call upon Me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."


What an awesome thought that the maker of heaven and earth would invite me to call upon Him! My finite understanding cannot get a handle on just how immense and powerful the nature of God is. It is almost too much for me to even imagine. He says that He will deliver us, and that we will glorify Him. I feel like a little kid getting ready to enter a massive park for the first time. The awe and wonder in my soul fills my cup to the very top; how much more can I hold?

The answer to this last dilemna is clear to me. I am propelled by His love and mercy to do what I was designed for: praise, worship, and writing. (You knew that last one was coming, didn't you?) The frame of His glory and provision flood my soul's landscape and fill in the valleys with good things. I am His sheep, and He is the Good Sheperd. His arms of love enfold me and infuse my spirit with hope, peace, and a fresh taste of the bread of heaven.

My prayer for you today is that you seek and get a taste of the Lord's goodness. Open up the door to your soul, and let your spirit get a good soaking rain. It IS good to give thanks to the Lord. We were made to praise the Lord, and it can be the most fulfilling activity of our existence; as our praises invite the Lord's presence.

Have a cup o'joy,
Lynne

2 comments:

batgirl said...

praising along with you!

ellehasuly said...

Thanks for the dose of encouragement, Janet. I am so glad that you gleaned something positive out of my offering.

Love ya,
have a cup o'joy,
Lynne