Thursday, October 11, 2007

So Sweet

It is so sweet
to trust You, Lord...
Your mercies
refresh us
with the dawn of each new day.
Grace flows down
and the praises rise up,
enveloping pain
and pleasure
in the light of eternity.

I'll trust You, Lord
past the strain of reason;
holding onto
handles of faith
through focus on the words of life...
holding onto truth revealed.

It is so sweet to
hear Your voice...
from echoes of eternity
from nature's witness
from the whispers of inner confirmation...

It is so sweet, Lord;
when the song in the night
allows me
to touch the hem of your garment.

2 comments:

John said...

Thank you, Lynne. What a blessing these verses are! They're a great reminder to keep my eyes on the One who is the giver of mercy and love.

ellehasuly said...

You're welcome. I am just doing my thing:). What higher purpose is there than to be a blessing?

Thanks for your comment.

Joy to you,
Lynne